WattNode® BACnet® Power and Energy Meters
| AC Power Measurement|
for BACnet Networks,
True Power, kWh
VARs, Power Factor,
Individual Phase Measurements
WattNode Energy Meters for BACnet
The WattNode BACnet (MS/TP) is a multi-function electric kilowatt-hour (kWh) energy and power meter that communicates on a EIA RS-485 network, measures 1, 2, or 3 phases with voltages from 120 to 600 volts Vac and currents from 5 to 6,000 amps in delta (phase to phase) and wye (phase to neutral) configurations.
Listed by BACnet Testing Laboratories
BACnet is a registered trademark of ASHRAE. ASHRAE does not endorse, approve or test products for compliance
with ASHRAE standards. Compliance of listed products to requirements of ASHRAE Standard 135 is the responsibility
of the BACnet International. BTL is a registered trademark of the BACnet International.
Our diagnostic LEDs provide a per-phase indication of power (green flashing) and negative power (red flashing) to help troubleshoot connection problems, like reversed CTs, or excessive line voltage. The WattNode BACnet meter also has a red/yellow/green communication LED to indicate traffic, configuration problems, bus contention and other conditions. See the manual for full descriptions.
- True RMS Power: Watts (Phase A, B, C, and sum of all phases)
- Reactive Power: VARs (Phase A, B, C, and sum of all phases)
- Power Factor: (Phase A, B, C, and average of all phases)
- True RMS Energy: Kilo-Watthours kWh (Phase A, B, C, and sum of all phases)
- Reactive Energy: kVAR-hours (Phase A, B, C)
- AC Line Frequency
- RMS Voltage: (Average and Phase A, B, C; line-to-line and line-to-neutral)
- Computed RMS Current: (Phase A, B, C)
- Peak Demand
- Small form factor for easy installation inside most electrical panels, see a sample installation diagram
- Pluggable screw terminals for easy wiring
- 0.5% accuracy nominal (see manual for details)
- Revenue grade version available: WattNode Revenue for BACnet
- True RMS power even with leading or lagging power factor and chopped or distorted waveforms
- Measure variable speed drive pumps and motors
- Safe CT's (current transformers), output 0.333 Vac at rated current.
- Split core CTs for quick installation
- Solid core CTs are less expensive and prevent tampering
- Custom and standard Bus Bar sized CTs
- UL, cUL Listed, CE Mark - Designed and tested for safety and use throughout North America and the European Union.
- Assembled in USA, qualified under the Buy American provision in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
- Five year warranty
Warning: Hazardous Voltages - Only qualified personnel or licensed electricians should install the WattNode meter and current transformers.